What is Beanstack:
Beanstack is a digital platform that allows you to participate in Mansfield Public Library's various learning challenges by easily tracking your reading, writing reviews or completing activities.
How it works:
First, sign up for a free Beanstack account for yourself or the whole family. Next, start reading, logging your minutes and participating in activities. As you log reading minutes and activities, you start earning tickets and badges that go toward entries into prize drawings. When signing up, Beanstack will automatically direct you to a challenge with age appropriate reading prompts and activities. If no challenge is currently available, you can still use Beanstack to record your personal reading goals.
How to sign up:
You can sign up for different learning challenges by either clicking on the "Go To Beanstack" button above to access Beanstack from your computer or through the Beanstack app. The Beanstack app is available in iOS or Android. You can sign up as an individual or the whole family together. Parents can also create a Beanstack account for their kids.
Get the Beanstack App:
Can I still use Beanstack if there are no current challenges?
Yes, absolutely! Use Beanstack to track your own personal reading goals. It’s a great tool to use all year long. New challenges may be announced as well throughout the year.
Is there a charge to do this?
There is no charge to participate in any of our reading programs. Read and log as much as you like!
What are achievement badges?
Readers earn achievements when they hit major reading milestones, like logging their first book, completing their first challenge, adding their tenth friend, or maintaining a lengthy reading streak, as well as when they read on special days or holidays. Achievements are not connected to challenges, and instead are tied solely to a reader's actions. The central Beanstack team determines what earns an achievement, and their availability is a surprise, like an Easter egg in a video game. The more days users enter their reading, the higher their chances are of garnering achievements!
Summer Reading Club is an engaging learning program that encourages all ages to read over the summer for prizes and discover new things by attending library programs. Everyone is invited to join in the fun, young children to adults.
Children get a jump start for school by participating in this free program that encourages families to read 1,000 books before their children start kindergarten.
The concept is simple, however the rewards are priceless. Read a book - any book - to your newborn, infant or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books before your little one starts kindergarten.
Reading 1,000 books isn’t as difficult as it sounds. If you read just one book a day, you will reach 1,000 in just three years. If you read three books a day, you’ll finish in under a year. Considering most children start kindergarten at around age 5, you have more than enough time to complete the challenge.
How to Participate
- Visit the front desk of the Mansfield Public Library to sign up.
- Each child can participate on paper or online. With paper, they will receive a sentence strip showing their name, year they start kindergarten and space for milestone stickers. These sentence strips will be displayed in the library in the children’s section. Families can use the library's reading challenge platform, Beanstack, to participate online.
- Start reading!
- Keep track of the number of books read. You may use a notebook, your phone, online with Beanstack or whatever method you wish.
- Visit the front desk of the library for every 100 books read to receive a milestone sticker to display on your sentence strip or earn digital badges if you are tracking online. You don’t have to present your reading list to staff.
- Once you have read 1,000 books together, stop by the Mansfield Public Library to receive a special medal for your child to commemorate their accomplishment.
What is Beanstack?
Beanstack is a digital platform that allows you to easily track your reading and participate in activities.
How do I sign up?
Click on the "Register" button below to access Beanstack from your computer or through the Beanstack app. The Beanstack app is available in iOS or Android. You can sign up as an individual or the whole family together. Parents can also create a Beanstack account for their kids.