In 1885, under the leadership of Pastor D.L. Smith, 14 people met for worship in the old "New Hope" schoolhouse across the road from where the church stands now. The church joined the Tarrant County Association in 1886.
By 1907, the church had grown enough for the organization of its first Sunday School. Under the direction of Bob Flake, it grew from 25 to 85 in 1911. The church began full-time preaching in 1942 under Pastor Reeves.
In 1946, work began on a new auditorium which was completed in 1948. In 1961, the church observed its 75th anniversary under Rev. Bill Hamilton.