COVID-19 (Library News)
Curbside Pick Up FAQ’s
What if I have fees on my account?
Mansfield Public Library has temporarily increased limits to blocks at $50. Fines or fees may not exceed $50 when doing curbside pickup.
Do I need a library card?
Yes. Patrons must have a valid library card to use curbside pickup. If your library card is expired, please call the library at 817-728-3690. A maximum of 10 items may be checked out during curbside pickup.
May I check out Arlington Public Library’s materials?
Yes. Mansfield Public Library is resuming the courier service and will have Arlington Public Library (APL) materials. You may request APL materials to be picked up at MPL.
What if I have mobility issues?
If you have mobility issues, we can provide accommodation and place your item(s) in the trunk of your vehicle. Please request this when you call.
I still have some library items at home. What do I do with them?
- All items that need to be returned should be placed in the outside book drops. Please note there are two book drop options: one attached to the building at the front entrance or the bright blue book drop box in the library parking lot.
- Any bulky items including kits, backpacks or large books that do not fit in our book slots should be returned inside the library.
- Please do not donate any books using library book drop during this time.
Who can use this service?
How long are items held for in the Holds Locker?
I am unable to check out my held items at the Hold Locker. What do I do?
I have multiple holds, will they all fit in the locker?
Can I check-out the larger backpacks and STEM kits in locker?
Library E-Card Application
1. With a Mansfield Public Library card you will have access to all digital materials including:
- E-books from Overdrive/Libby
- E-audiobooks from Overdrive/Libby
- Online tutoring from Brainfuse
- Language practice from Pronunciator
- Automotive care from Chilton Library
- Talking picture books from Tumblebooks and so much more!
Applying for Library Card
The Mansfield Public Library issues digital cards via email. Please fill out the form below to receive your library card. A parent or guardian must submit an application on behalf of a minor.
When will I receive my library card number?
In most instances we will issue a digital library card within 24-48 hours. However, applications received after 4 p.m. on Friday’s may not be processed until Monday. Please note, this is a digital library card and you will not receive a physical library card.
2. Fill out the form to apply for a digital e-card: E-Card Sign-Up
Visit Mansfield Public Library’s Digital Resources to find out how Chilton Library can help you with your automotive needs! Visit Chilton Library
Do you already miss checking out books from your library? Cheer up! Browse thousands of e-books and e-audiobooks through RB Digital, Libby and Overdrive. Download the apps onto any mobile device and keep on reading. Learn more about these and many more digital resources at https://www.mansfieldtexas.gov/1116/Digital-Resources