COVID-19 (Library News)
Update June 26:
See below for the City’s official Health and Safety Policy.
The Mansfield Public Library will be reopening Wednesday, May 20. The modified hours are now 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday and 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturdays. Curbside pick up will still be available. Please be mindful when visiting the library, it will open with the following limitations in place:
- Patrons may use the library to check out materials, use the public computers (limited computers available), scan, fax and make copies.
- All computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes per patron.
- Library patrons must maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet and masks are encouraged.
- There will be no in-person programs at this time. Story times, library programs and all other in person meetings are all cancelled to facilitate social distancing.
- No extended stays or social gatherings are permitted. Majority of the seating areas have been moved as a precaution to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Library meeting rooms will be unavailable until further notice.
Will curbside pick up still be available during this process?
Yes! We are excited to still offer curbside pick-up to you. Simply follow the steps in order to place your hold and pick up at the front of the library.
When will in-person programming resume?
At this time, we do not have a date for when in person programming will resume. Your librarians are hard at work making sure you will have a wonderful virtual programming experience this summer. In order to keep everyone safe and healthy and avoid gathering in large groups, all summer programming will be scheduled virtually and can be streamed through the library’s Facebook or YouTube channel. The library is here for you!
Can I bring my donations to the library?
Due to the health and safety concerns, the library will not be accepting donations at this time. Please do not donate any books using the library book drop during this time.
Can I browse library items on the shelves?
Yes, however, if you handle items without checking them out, please place them on our designated blue carts throughout the library. These items will need to be quarantined for 96 hours before being shelved again to prevent the possible spread of Covid-19.
Curbside Pick Up FAQ’s
What if I have fees on my account?
Mansfield Public Library has temporarily increased limits to blocks at $100. Fines or fees may not exceed $100 when doing curbside pickup.
Do I need a library card?
Yes. Patrons must have a valid library card to use curbside pickup. If your library card is expired, please call the library at 817-728-3690. A maximum of 10 items may be checked out during curbside pickup.
May I check out Arlington Public Library’s materials?
Yes. Mansfield Public Library is resuming the courier service and will have Arlington Public Library (APL) materials. You may request APL materials to be picked up at MPL.
What if I have mobility issues?
If you have mobility issues, we can provide accommodation and place your item(s) in the trunk of your vehicle. Please request this when you call.
Are these items sanitized?
The library is quarantining all returned materials for 96 hours. When our staff retrieves these items for pick up, they will use best practices for sanitation. If you wish to additionally wipe down surfaces of library books, please only do so for the outside covers with a mild household cleaner. Patrons will be responsible for any damage caused by cleaners.
I still have some library items at home. What do I do with them?
- All items that need to be returned should be placed in the outside book drops. Please note there are two book drop options: one attached to the building at the front entrance or the bright blue book drop box in the library parking lot.
- Any bulky items including kits, backpacks or large books that do not fit in our book slots should be returned inside the library.
- Please do not donate any books using library book drop during this time.
Library E-Card Application
1. With a Mansfield Public Library card you will have access to all digital materials including:
- E-books from Overdrive/Libby
- E-audiobooks from Overdrive/Libby and RB Digital
- E-Magazines from RB Digital
- Online tutoring from Brainfuse
- Language practice from Pronunciator
- Automotive care from Chilton Library
- Talking picture books from Tumblebooks and so much more!
Applying for Library Card
The Mansfield Public Library issues digital cards via email. Please fill out the form below to receive your library card. A parent or guardian must submit an application on behalf of a minor.
When will I receive my library card number?
In most instances we will issue a digital library card within 24-48 hours. However, applications received after 4 p.m. on Friday’s may not be processed until Monday. Please note, this is a digital library card and you will not receive a physical library card.
2. Fill out the form to apply for a digital e-card: E-Card Sign-Up
Go on an adventure without leaving your home with National Geographic Kids magazine. Read it for free using RB Digital! Find that and more at the digital resources link..
Visit Mansfield Public Library’s Digital Resources to find out how Chilton Library can help you with your automotive needs! Visit Chilton Library
Do you already miss checking out books from your library? Cheer up! Browse thousands of e-books and e-audiobooks through RB Digital, Libby and Overdrive. Download the apps onto any mobile device and keep on reading. Learn more about these and many more digital resources at https://www.mansfieldtexas.gov/1116/Digital-Resources