Permits & Registration
A permit is required for any construction, change in use or occupancy, alteration, and/or repair of any structure, building or building system including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and irrigation systems. If in doubt, please contact the City of Mansfield Building Safety Department at 817-276-4220.
For more information visit Building Information & Codes page.
Building permit applications and required supporting documents are accepted online or in person at:
City of Mansfield
Building Safety Department
1200 E Broad Street
Mansfield, TX 76063
Single trade building permits such as plumbing, electrical or mechanical can be submitted via the city’s online MYGov system .
Tarrant County Public Health
The following items are regulated and inspected for state compliance by Tarrant County Public Health:
- Public swimming pools, spas and public interactive water features (PIWF)
- All retail food establishments
- On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF)
- Childcare facilities
The Tarrant County Public Health plan review is independent of the City’s plan review and inspection process. Tarrant County plan approval is required prior to any permit issuance and inspection approval is required prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy. Contact Tarrant County Public Health at (817) 321-4960.
Registration for Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Mechanical Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Third Party Energy Contractors
All Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers (BAPTs) are required to register with Vepo, LLC.
- Driver’s license
- For electrical contractor, State Contractor License
- For third party energy contractor, a copy of the ICC certification
- Liability insurance with the City of Mansfield as the certificate holder
- State License or State Certification as applicable, except for third party energy