Permits & Registration

Building Permits

A permit is required for any construction, change in use or occupancy, alteration, and/or repair of any structure, building or building system including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and irrigation systems. If in doubt, please contact the City of Mansfield Building Safety Department at 817-276-4220.

For more information visit Building Information & Codes page.  

Submitting Applications

Building permit applications and required supporting documents are accepted online.

Single trade building permits such as plumbing, electrical or mechanical can be submitted via the city’s online MYGov system .  

Irrigation plans must be submitted to Steven Olinski ,  Irrigation Inspector.  After plans are approved the information is entered into the system, where the irrigation contractor can login to their online portal and pay for the permit online.

Tarrant County Public Health

The following items are regulated and inspected for state compliance by Tarrant County Public Health:

  • Public swimming pools, spas and public interactive water features (PIWF)
  • All retail food establishments
  • On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF)
  • Childcare facilities

The Tarrant County Public Health plan review is independent of the City’s plan review and inspection process.  Tarrant County plan approval is required prior to any permit issuance and inspection approval is required prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.  Contact Tarrant County Public Health at (817) 321-4960.

Registration for Contractors

The following contractors and/or professionals are required to register with the City of Mansfield.

  • Electrical Contractors
  • Irrigators
  • Mechanical Contractors
  • Plumbing Contractors
  • Third Party Energy Contractors

All Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers (BAPTs) are required to register with Vepo, LLC.


Sub-contractors can register on the city’s  online action center. Provide the following documents with the Registration Form:

  • Driver’s license
  • For electrical contractor, State Contractor License
  • For third party energy contractor, a copy of the ICC certification
  • Liability insurance with the City of Mansfield as the certificate holder
  • State License or State Certification as applicable, except for third party energy

How To: 

Online registration & permits (MEP)