The City of Mansfield provides residents with green curbside recycling carts. Click HERE to view the recycling schedule.
Note: The City does not currently provide trash carts. Residents provide their own containers for trash. All trash must be in plastic bags or garbage cans/carts weighing no more than 35 pounds when full. Do not place trash in your green recycle cart.
Request or Exchange a Cart
Click HERE to request or exchange a recycling cart. If you have requested an exchange, you may still use the old cart until your exchange has been completed. Requests will be completed within a few days of the submission.
Follow these simple steps to using your recycling cart:
- Use your green recycling cart for recyclable materials only.
- Recyclables should be empty, clean and dry.
- Place the cart at the curb with the lid opening facing the street.
- Carts do not have to be completely full to be set out, but it is recommend to put them out as full as possible.
- Remember to put your cart by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place your cart where it will be accessible from the street, and not behind a mailbox, car or other obstruction.
Cart Care Suggestions:
- Paint or label your address on your cart
- The cart will remain with the delivery address. Do not move carts to new address or place your name on the cart.
- Keep cart free of food or liquid that would contaminate recyclables.
- Periodically, you may need to wash the inside of the cart with water and dish soap and let air dry.
Have you ever wondered what can be recycled and what should go into the trash? Check out the "Can I Recycle It?" search tool above to find out if an item is recyclable, and other ways to dispose of your materials. You can also print off the What you can put in your recycle cart pdf for reference. Many household items that can't be recycled curbside can be dropped off at the Environmental Collection Center for specialized recycling.
You can also view upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Events, Chunk Your Junk & Shred Days, sign up for reminders by clicking the calendar tab above, or by signing up for environmental services calendar notifications through "Notify Me".
The City of Mansfield encourages every resident to recycle, and the cost for recycling services is included in the basic refuse fee on your monthly water bill. For more information view the Know What to Throw video from the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG), and Recycling Simplified from Republic Services.
If you live in an apartment complex or other multi-family unit that does not provide curbside recycling, the Environmental Collection Center, 616 S. Wisteria St. provides dumpsters for residents to drop-off recycling Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Enter through the call gate and place your un-bagged recyclables in the purple recycling dumpsters.
Please put items in your cart Empty, Clean, Dry and Loose - not bagged.
To download a copy of the Accepted Materials click here.
Have you ever wondered what happens to the stuff you put into your curbside recycling cart? After Republic picks up the material in your cart, it travels to a Ft. Worth materials recycling facility (MRF for short). Watch this video to see how the process works.
For the MRF to operate efficiently, please remember these things when recycling:
- Never bag recyclables - place items loose in your cart.
- Empty, clean and dry - give items a quick rinse and shake dry.
- No plastic bags - these tangle machinery at the MRF. Plastic bags may be recycled at local grocery and big box stores.
- Flatten your cardboard - it takes up less room in your cart, and in the trucks picking up materials too.
- Not all plastics can be recycled - Don't put it in the cart if you can poke your finger through it.
- Don't place anything smaller than a credit card, as it can jam machinery.
Many household items that can't be recycled curbside can be dropped off at the Environmental Collection Center (ECC) for specialized recycling. Watch this video to see how many of these materials have been recycled through the ECC and special collection events.