General Requirements All Permits
"Due to COVID-19 precautions, Mansfield Fire will no longer accept hard copy plans, submittal packages or permit applications and we will not return hard copy stamped plans. Please submit all applications for permits online. You may submit PDF drawings for review. Once the plans have been reviewed and approved and the permit fee is paid in full, we will return the signed permit electronically and it will serve as the approval for construction."
Please email all permit applications, submittals and plans to:
- Permit fees must be submitted with the Permit Application.
- Required plans should be folded not rolled.
- No installation or modification of a fire protection system shall begin until a permit has been issued by the Fire Marshal or prior approval from the Fire Marshal.
- Issued Permits shall be kept on the designated premises at all times and shall be available upon request of a Fire Official.
Projects that require a third-party review by a Fire Protection Engineer licensed in the state of Texas, are:
- New installation of a fire protection system
- Modification of more than 5 devices in a fire protection system
- Any system so designated by the Fire Marshal
Submit the third party review with the permit application. You may contact Scott Lingo with questions about your project, Email Scott Lingo or 817-276-4770.
- Above Ground Storage Tank Permit (PDF)
- Access Control System Permit (PDF)
- Chemical Extinguishing System Permit (PDF)
- Elevator Install Permit (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Install Permit (PDF)
- Fireworks-Blasting Permit (PDF)
- Gate Install Permit (PDF)
- Notice on Open Burning (PDF)
- Private Fire Line Hydrant Permit (PDF)
- Smoke Control System Permit (PDF)
- Spray Booth Permit (PDF)
- Sprinkler System Install Permit (PDF)
- Standpipe System Permit (PDF)
- UST Install-Remove Permit (PDF)
- UST Misc Equipment Permit (PDF)