The Engineering Department oversees the construction of all street, drainage, water and sewer improvements within the City of Mansfield to ensure all new construction is in conformance with city ordinances and specifications.
Engineering construction inspectors oversee field work for all public works infrastructure. Mansfield requires compliance with the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) "Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction".
- The Engineering Department manages the City's related water, wastewater and street capital improvement programs. The capital improvement programs and the associated projects are developed from master plans updated approximately every five years.
- The department oversees all public infrastructure on private development projects. Staff reviews plans and inspects the construction for water, wastewater, drainage and streets.
- The department is also responsible for general traffic and transportation engineering and floodplain management.
- Engineering Department construction inspections inspects the construction of all public works infrastructure for compliance with City standards.
The City of Mansfield has several documents outlining criteria and guidelines for the design of all public infrastructure and are listed below.
- Design Standards and Criteria - 2010 (PDF)
- Water Master Plan - 2019 (PDF)
- Water Master Plan - 2011 (PDF)
- Sewer Lift Station Standards - 2007 (PDF)
- Wastewater Master Plan - 2019 (PDF)
- Wastewater Master Plan - 2011 (PDF)
- NCTCOG iSWM Site Design Manual - 2006 (PDF)
- Mansfield iSWM Local Criteria Section - 2010 (PDF)
- Oncor Design and Installation Guidelines
- Master Thoroughfare Plan - 2015 (PDF)
Certain construction activity in the City of Mansfield requires a permit to be obtained. Below are permits which are associated with the Engineering Department. Application may be made for these permits through the links below.
- ROW Permit Application
- Floodplain Development Permit (PDF).
- Drive Approach Permit Application (PDF)
- Private & French Drain Permit Application (PDF)
Impact Fees at Time of Permit
The Engineering staff will also provide the following services:
- Surveying support for related departments
- Plan preparation for minor Public Works projects
- Maintain record drawings and easements for Public Works infrastructure
- Review of building permits for public infrastructure
- Coordinate utility relocations and ROW permits
- Right-of-way acquisitions
- Coordinate with State and County officials
- Floodplain Management