Hometown Holidays Festival
Friday, December 6, 2019 5-9:00 p.m.
Mansfield City Hall
Ever wish you could enjoy a holiday season as magical as the ones on tv? Come home to Mansfield, Texas, and be the star of your own Christmas movie. Hometown Holidays has a Hallmark-worthy lineup of merry moments, including shopping in a historic downtown, tree lighting with Santa and fireworks, a hometown parade and much more!
Friday night is the main attraction, with a celebration that puts any tv movie to shame! The free festival includes live reindeer in a petting zoo, food trucks, games & rides, tons of hands-on activities like cookie decorating, ornament making and more! Of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in their house, ready to hear wishes from little ones.
And because Mansfield, Texas, does the holidays like no other, once we light the official city tree, enjoy a giant fireworks show! Other activities include a snow hill for sledding, street hockey and tons of photo ops.
You'll feel like the star of your very own holiday movie...come write it with us in Mansfield, Texas for Hometown Holidays!
- Hometown Holidays is a free family event...no need to register. Join us from 5-9 p.m. for all the fun.
- Free Parking is available at Mansfield City Hall, Mansfield Public Safety Building and the adjoining buildings.
- Strollers are welcome; please leave pets at home due to the crowds and fireworks.
- Santa line opens at 5 p.m. and is completely free; please bring your own camera to capture the memories!
- A variety of food vendors will be onsite with food, drinks and sweets for sale; most accept cash or card.
- Most activities (petting zoo, street hockey, crafts, Santa) are free; snow hill is available for a small charge.
- Tree is lit at 6:30 p.m. and fireworks show begins immediately after. Once the fireworks end, the party continues until 9 p.m.
Do you have sweet frosting skills? Enter our first annual gingerbread house contest! Apply online to enter the contest; houses must be delivered by noon on Friday, Dec. 5 so they can be on display at the Hometown Holidays Tree Lighting event. We have special prizes in each category as awarded by judges, plus a special overall winner voted on by the public during Hometown Holidays.
Would you like to support this event, either as a business sponsor or booth vendor? Contact the event organizer for more info.
Please note: There are no craft or shopping vendor booths available this year.
Hometown Holidays Parade
Saturday, December 7 at 2 p.m.
Historic Downtown Mansfield
The Hometown Holidays weekend of fun continues on Saturday with a parade through Historic Downtown Mansfield. Enter your business or organization as a float and deck the halls of your car or trailer to wish your neighbors a happy holiday. Or just make a date to come watch and enjoy the fun with us. Parade begins at 2 p.m. but get your seats early to enjoy a live musical performance by Music Place Mansfield, right in the middle of Main Street. This year, they'll perform scenes from their upcoming show, The Red Nosed Reindeer.
- Free parking is available at any of the Historic Downtown lots shown on this map.
- Bring blankets or chairs to sit along the street and watch the parade, which begins right at 2 p.m.
- The Hometown Holidays Parade typically lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- Santa will be on a float at the end of the parade but does not make any in-person visits on Saturday. To have time with Santa and get a great picture, be sure to attend Hometown Holidays on Friday night.
- Parade will follow the route on the map below.
Would you like to support this event as a business sponsor? Contact the event organizer for more info.
Hometown Holidays weekend is jam-packed with family fun!
Historic Downtown Christmas Weekend
Support your local small businesses and enjoy family fun in Historic Downtown Mansfield during their special holiday event the weekend before Hometown Holidays.
Fa La La 5k
Saturday morning, lace up your elf boots and head to Katherine Rose Memorial Park to join the Fa La La 5k, sponsored by the Mansfield Kiwanis Club.
Holiday Tour of Homes
On Sunday the Mansfield Women's Club hosts a tour of beautiful homes all decked out in Christmas cheer. This fun social event is a major fundraiser for the organization, which provides assistance to women and children in the area.