10. Ditch that boring Saturday afternoon lunch, and join us for an early Thanksgiving meal at the second annual, award-winning Turkey Palooza!
9. Bring your friends and make some new ones! This event is a collaborative effort from multiple city departments including the Library, Mansfield Fire, Environmental Services and Water Utilities.
8. Plan the perfect get-together! The Mansfield Public Library is packed with resources to guide your holiday meal planning, and help you set the mood for an unforgettable feast!
7. Complete your table with a DIY project. We'll show you an easy way to use upcycled and seasonal items to create a Pinterest-worthy centerpiece that is sure to wow your guests.
6. Got cranberries? We'll show you how to prepare a cranberry side dish that will compliment any Thanksgiving menu. Because turkey and cranberries go together like peas and carrots.
5. Hey, I fried a turkey...now what to do with the oil? Help prevent a holiday disaster and keep fats, oils, grease and solids (FOGS) out of your pipes. Instead, bring your used cooking oil to the Environmental Collection Center and we'll take care of recycling it for your convenience.
4. Hey, I've never fried a turkey...where do I start? If you've decided to try your hand at frying a turkey this year, you're in luck! The Mansfield Fire Department will show you the proper way to fry your bird and provide fire-safety precautions.
3. Turkey Prep 101: This event is for you if you're cooking a turkey for the first time, or just need a refresher course. You'll learn the ins and outs of prepping, cooking and serving your holiday turkey.
2. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll give thanks! Chef Carol Ritchie (locally know as Cookin' with Carol) will be back to present turkey preparation and how to prepare delicious side dish.
1. FREE LUNCH! All event participants will be treated to a Thanksgiving lunch, so kick off the holiday season and break bread with some new friends. Registration includes a tasty buffet spread featuring food from local restaurants and businesses.
Are you ready for a fun Saturday afternoon of lunching and learning? Register for this free event to reserve your spot.