Here's a recap of the March 6, 2023 regular City Council meeting.
- Discussed City Council’s priorities
- Discussed March 6, 2023 Consent Agenda items
- Retired Judge L. Clifford Davis
- American Red Cross Month
- City staff presented an update on the Future Land Use Plan
- Approved a resolution supporting House Bill 2682 to enhance the City of Mansfield’s ability to attract a qualified hotel and convention center.
- Approved a special event permit for Music Alley.
- Approved an Economic Development Agreement Between the City of Mansfield, the Mansfield Economic Development Corporation, and Crystal Window and Door Systems TX; authorizing the city manager, or his designee, and MEDC president to execute said agreement; and providing an effective date
- Authorized the appropriation and allocation of American Rescue Plan Act funding to specific projects; authorizing the city manager, or his designee, to negotiate and execute a lease agreement and any other documents necessary to implement this resolution; and providing an effective date
- Approved a public hearing and consideration of a request for a specific use permit for apartments, in the Reserve PD, Planned Development District, Central Sub-District on approx. 9.292 acres being a tract of land in the Richard Bratton Survey, Abstract No. 114, City of Mansfield in Tarrant County Texas, located at 151 North Miller (North and West of the intersection of Heritage Parkway and North Miller Road) (SUP#22-006)
Public Hearing and First Reading
- Rescheduled based on the City Charter a first reading of an ordinance to a zoning change from SF-12/22, Single-Family Residential District to PD, Planned Development District for C-2, Community Business District based Commercial Uses on 2.9 acres of land in the W.C. Low Survey, Abstract No. 970, generally located southeast of the intersection of Grand Meadows Boulevard and North Holland Road on property at 700 North Holland Road
- Approved a Community Activation Grant application to be funded through the Historic Downtown Revitalization Grant Program for Historic Preservation Month Events