There was huge storm and my house has flooded. Can the City help?

There is no simple answer for this question. The City's ability to improve the situation is entirely dependent on the location and cause of the flooding. Several homes in the City were built before the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) enacted floodplain restrictions, and these homes will flood if there is a large enough storm. However some problems can be addressed by repairing the storm sewer system. If your home has flooded, please report this information to the City.

Show All Answers

1. There is a drainage easement in my backyard, and it's overgrown. What can I do?
2. The street in front of my house is flooding when it rains. What can be done?
3. The creek behind my house looks awful. When will the City come out to clean it?
4. The creek behind my house is overgrown and now I have raccoons and snakes. What can the City do?
5. What should I do if there is a horrible smell coming out of the pipe next to my house?
6. The ditch behind/beside my house has become filled in, and now I'm worried about flooding. What can be done?
7. What can be done about the concrete around a storm drain pipe that is cracking?
8. There was huge storm and my house has flooded. Can the City help?
9. Who should I call to report a drainage problem?