Building Permit Process
A permit is required for any construction, change in use or occupancy, alteration, and/or repair of any structure, building or building system including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and irrigation systems. If in doubt please contact the City of Mansfield Building Safety Department at 817-276-4220.
To obtain a permit first submit an application, required fees and supporting documentation that is of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature and extent of the work proposed and show in detail that it will conform to the provisions of the adopted codes and ordinances. The permit application will be approved and a permit issued when all provisions of the adopted codes and ordinances are met.
- Downloadable Permit Applications and Forms
- Residential/Commercial Building Information & Handouts
- Permit Fee Schedule
Commercial and residential building permit applications and required supporting documents are accepted by mail or in person at:
City of Mansfield
Building Safety Department
1200 East Broad Street
Mansfield, Texas 76063
Building Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical permit applications and required supporting documents are accepted by mail, fax, e-mail, in person, or the city's online action center.
Registration For Contractors
The following contractors and or professionals are required to register with the City of Mansfield.
- Plumbing Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Mechanical Contractors
- Backflow Testers
- Third Party Energy Contractors
Permit applications, inspections and or other documentations will not be accepted unless the contractor is registered.
To register in person or via e-mail, complete a "Contractor Registration Form" and provide the following documents:
- Driver's license,
- Liability insurance with the City of Mansfield as the certificate holder,
- State License or State Certification as applicable, except for third party energy,
- For electrical contractors State Contractor License,
- For backflow testers a copy of the gauge calibration report,
- For third party energy contractor a copy of the ICC certification.