The Code Compliance Department enforces all city ordinances to protect property owners’ investments and promote the health and welfare of the community. Code Compliance officers are committed to providing compliance through a professional, efficient and due process approach for residents of Mansfield.
The Code Compliance Department follows a specific process:
- Complaint submitted by resident or code staff then assigned to a code compliance officer.
- Code officer makes an initial inspection within 72 hours.
- Code officers determine whether property is in violation.
- If violations exist, property owner is given notification to comply.
- Code officer will conduct follow up inspection.
- If compliance is not met, code officer determines appropriate enforcement action from three options:
- Obtain a warrant for involuntary abatement
- Issue a written citation
- Coordinate volunteer resources to meet compliance
For information, or to report a code violation, call 817-276-4221.