Common Code Violations
Self-propelled motor vehicle that:
- has no license plate or an expired license plate
- is wrecked, dismantled or partially dismantled or discarded
- inoperable for 72 consecutive ours on public property or 30 consecutive days on private property
Junk Vehicle also includes:
- Aircraft with no federal aircraft identification number displayed and registered with the FAA.
- Boat or other watercraft with no unexpired certificate on board of number
Report nuisance vehicles in the street or public right-of-way to the Mansfield Police Department at 817-473-0211.
- Grass or weeds may not exceed 10 inches in height
- Property owners and tenants are responsible for keeping their lawns mowed to the edge of the roadway.
- Only one notification per year will be made.
- Violators who fail to comply may have their property mowed by a city contractor and billed for the expenses, plus a $200 administration fee. Non- payment will result in interest-bearing liens placed on the property.
Trash & Debris
No accumulated trash and debris on properties. Trash is defined as:
- all household refuse including newspapers/magazines, clothes
- debris including waste construction material, rocks, sand or gravel
- loose brush and grass clippings
- bulky waste
Code Compliance seeks to enhance and preserve neighborhoods, helping residents, business owners and visitors to Mansfield feel safe anywhere, all the time. Graffiti creates blight upon neighborhoods and it is only through the cooperative effort of the community that graffiti and its negative effects can be controlled.
Parking on the grass
Vehicles may only be parked on concrete services by a single-family dwelling. Vehicles include but are not limited to passenger vehicles, trailers, boats and recreational vehicles. However, a paved parking area is not required for a vehicle parked in a side or rear yard enclosed by an opaque screening fence at least six feet in height or that complies with Section 7200.B.21 of the city's zoning ordinance.