Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
Keeping illegal activity out of rental property. The Mansfield Crime Free Multi-Housing Program was designed to help residents, owners, and the managers of rental property keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property.
This program is honest and direct. It is solution oriented. It is designed to be easy, yet very effective in reducing the incident of crime in rental property.
The program utilizes a unique three-part approach which ensures the crime prevention goal, while maintaining an approach which is very resident friendly.
PHASE ONE involves an eight-hour seminar presented by the Police Department.
PHASE TWO will certify the rental property has met the security requirements for their resident's safety.
PHASE THREE, a resident crime prevention meeting will be conducted for full certification, and the managers will be granted the use of large metal signs for display on the property. The management will also be granted the use of the program logo in all advertisements.
The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program will teach you...
Prevention and Applicant Screening
- How code compliance (preparing the property) can protect your rights as a landlord.
- Benefits of applicant screening
- Tips to strengthen rental agreements
- How to become a proactive property manager
- Maintaining a fire safe environment
- Developing life & safety awareness
Drug Nuisance Abatement
- Warning signs of drug activity
- Actions you must take if you discover your resident's guest are conducting illegal activities on your properties.
- Role of the Police
- Crisis resolution and the eviction process.
A manual with additional community resources along with fire and life safety awareness for residents, landlords and property managers. Free materials available at class time.
TRAINING IS AT NO COST TO YOU!
For more information contact the Mansfield Community Resource Division at 817-276-4725.