Law Enforcement Explorer Post 1601
The Mansfield Police Department in cooperation with Learning for Life, a subsidiary of Scouts BSA., sponsors a Law Enforcement Explorer Post for youth ages 14-20 interested in a career in Law Enforcement.
We use our Pride, Honor, and Integrity to create Leaders and future Law Enforcement Officers. The post meets every Tuesday evening. For more information, contact our Community Resources Division at 817-276-4725.
Law Enforcement Exploring offers the following benefits:
- Gain exposure to various criminal justice careers and to have positive interaction with law enforcement professionals.
- Obtain "hands-on" experience and awareness of the criminal justice system, thereby helping Explorers to make an informed decision on a career in law enforcement or a related field.
- Receive comprehensive career-focused training that in many cases qualifies for academic credit (i.e. career education credit).
- Preparation for career-related college degree programs and other advanced education opportunities.
- Benefit from interpersonal growth through self-discipline, teamwork, challenging experiences, and high standards of performance and personal conduct.
- Enhanced character development and improved physical and mental fitness.
- Learn responsibility to self and others through leadership opportunities.
- Community service and networking activities by assisting sponsoring agency in a supplementary law enforcement and liaison capacity.