Clayton W. Chandler Park

Originally named "North Park," this park was constructed in 1976 with the assistance of grant funds from the United States Department of Interior and Texas Parks and Wildlife. Renovations funded by the Mansfield Park Facilities Development Corporation (MPFDC) were completed in May 2004, and North Park was renamed for long-time City Manager Clayton W. Chandler. Phase II renovations added additional amenities and were completed in August 2017.

Amenities

Amenities offered include three lighted tennis courts, four lighted youth baseball fields, a concession stand and restrooms, a press box facility and two lighted pee wee football fields.  Phase II improvements included a spray ground/splash pad, two age-specific playgrounds, two half-court basketball courts, sand volleyball, skateboard plaza, 1/4 mile walking trail with fitness stations and a half-acre pond stocked for fishing.  The renovations also included the addition of picnic pavilions available for rental, an expanded bathroom facility and parking lot, and considerable improvements to the tennis courts.

Hours of operation: 

5 a.m. - 11 p.m.

Phone numbers: 

817-473-1943