James McKnight Park West

The land for McKnight Park West was donated to the city in 1978.  The park was developed in 1987 with the assistance of grant funds from Texas Parks and Wildlife.  Trail improvements were made in 2003 and 2004 with additional grant funds.  The Walnut Creek Linear Park concrete trail located nearby connects to the historic railroad bridge, “Jeffryes Crossing,” named after Steve Jeffryes, a former member of the Mansfield Park Facilities Development Corporation and park advocate.

This park is located in a tranquil, heavily wooded area at the end of a dead-end street.

Amenities

Amenities include a covered pavilion with picnic tables.  Access to the linear park trail is located at the back of the park.

Hours of operation: 

5 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Phone numbers: 

817-473-1943