How We Differ
Our benefits set the standard by which the other are measured.
That's because we know benefits are such a big part of your life. In fact, if salaries are competitive, and ours are, benefits are the most important part of total compensation. So we offer comprehensive, flexible, innovative benefits designed to meet a wide variety of you and your family's needs.
- Texas Municipal Retirement System - All full-time employees are participants of TMRS; this is a mandatory contribution. The employee contribution rate is 7% per pay period; the City matches the contribution 2-1. That means for every 7% that you put in the City will match 14% which equals 21% total that is invested. This amount that is invested is pretaxed.
- Direct deposits of paychecks - All you needed is a voided check.
- Fully vested after 5 years of service - If you decided to leave the city after 5 years of service you will be fully vested which means you will receive the 7% you invested plus the 14% the city matched if you leave the money invested with the system until you reach retirement age.
- Retirement at age 60 and 5 years of service or with 20 years of service (any age) - monthly payments to retired employee / employee's family
- 457 Deferred Comp - Optional payroll deduction for retirement
- Memberships available with area credit unions.
- Longevity Pay - You will receive: $6/mo for 0-4 yrs. of service; $8/mo for 5-9 yrs. of service; $10/mo for 10 yrs. of service