Health and Welfare Benefits
How We Differ
Our benefits set the standard by which the other are measured.
That's because we know benefits are such a big part of your life. In fact, if salaries are competitive, and ours are, benefits are the most important part of total compensation. So we offer comprehensive, flexible, innovative benefits designed to meet a wide variety of you and your family's needs.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical Insurance - Highlights include: (In-network) Deductible $500 Individual/$1,000 Family, (Out of network)$1000/$2000, $20 Physician co-pay/ $30 Specialist, Prescription drugs - 30 day = $10 generic /$30 Brand /$45 Non-Preferred, In-patient hospitalization, Coinsurance 20% after deductible, maximum out of pocket (includes deductible) $2,000 Individual / $4,000 Family
- Dental Insurance - 100% preventive care, 20% basic care, 50% major care with $75 deductible - $2,500 max for Basic & Major.
- Life Insurance - 1x annual salary provided by the City of Mansfield and 1x salary paid by TMRS.
- Voluntary Life Insurance - Voluntary life insurance
- Vision Plan - - Vision coverage highlights are: (Participating provider) $10 Eye Exam CoPay - Lenses no charge - $300 Frames allowance - $300 Contacts allowance/No CoPay
- Flexible spending accounts
- Optional products include Accident, Critical Illness / Cancer, Short Term Disability
- Long term disability - Provided by the City. Pays 60% of salary after 90 days of disability.
- Workers Compensation - Medical care and weekly disability payments for employees injured on the job.