Frequently Asked Questions

One-story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses on a residential property, provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet.  Must meet City of Mansfield zoning ordinance building setbacks and height requirements.  Check with the Planning Department for any building setbacks.

Yes. You will need to get a "Special Event" permit to block off the street and this would include you having a bounce house. Please note that bounce houses cannot be located in any streets. You do not need a specific permit for the live music, you will just need to abide by the City's noise ordinance. Look under "permit applications" for the Special Event Permit Packet.

Remodeling work that requires any structural change, electrical or plumbing work requires a permit. Permits can be obtained through the Building Safety Department. Each sub-contractor must be registered with the City and they must obtain their own permits. All required inspections need to be completed and are included in the permit fee.

Installation of a lawn sprinkler system requires an Irrigation permit. For more specific regulations, contact the Building Safety Department.

All swimming pools shall at all times be completely surrounded by a fence, wall or barrier not less than four feet in height with a self-closing and self-latching gate. For more specific regulations, contact the Building Safety Department.

Yes. A $5.00 permit must be obtained before holding a garage sale. Permits may be obtained through the Permit Applications and Forms page. Garage sales may last for a period of 3 consecutive days and can only be held 2 times per calendar year at any one address. Garage sale signs must not be posted on any sign, pole, tree or utility post or in any street medians.