Frequently Asked Questions

Visit our interactive mapping site. You can zoom in to any specific area of the city using your cursor.  Call us at the Planning Department at (817) 276-4226 during regular office hours to ask our staff about the information you require. Visit our offices during regular working hours to review the official zoning map and talk to the planning staff about zoning.

You can get a copy of your plat by either contacting the Planning Department or the Tarrant, Johnson, or Ellis County Plat Records.

First, contact the Planning Department to find all the relevant information about the project. Next, the city has several avenues for citizens to express their opinions about the development projects in the city. Some of the options are: Attend Planning and Zoning Commission public hearings to learn about the project and voice your opinions. Attend City Council public hearings to learn about the project and voice your opinions.

Call Mansfield Animal Care and Control at 817-276-4799 to find out if the pet has been reported as missing. If so, Animal Care and Control will attempt to contact the possible owner(s). If you wish to hold on to the pet for a few days to see if the owner turns up, you should leave a found report.

See City Council 101. You may address the City Council on non-public hearing agenda items and items not on the agenda under the “Citizen Comments” section of the agenda. Once the business portion of the meeting begins, only comments related to public hearings will be heard. All comments are limited to 5 minutes. Please refrain from “Personal Criticisms”.

Job opportunities are posted on the Employment Opportunities webpage. You can also view them if you look in front of the Human Resources office which is upstairs at City Hall.

Those selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor. People that interviewed will be notified by mail when the position is filled.

The Mansfield Police Department does not have the authority to provide citizens a copy of their own or anyone else's criminal history.


Home and business security inspections are conducted by the Community Resource Officers. You must contact the Community Resource Unit by calling 817-276-4757 and make an appointment to have the inspection conducted.