Frequently Asked Questions

The City of Mansfield is located in southeastern Tarrant County, Texas, 21 miles from downtown Fort Worth. The city covers 50 square miles in three counties: Tarrant, Johnson and Ellis.

City Hall is located at 1200 E. Broad St., a quarter-mile west of East Broad Street and Highway 287.

City Hall is open for business from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday except on holidays.

Municipal Court is located on the first floor of the Public Safety Building (1305 E. Broad St., across from City Hall). Court is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The post office is located at FM 157 (Main Street) at Pleasant Ridge Drive. The phone number is 817-473-1827.

The City does not perform regular maintenance on most drainage easements within the City. A drainage easement is a document providing the City the right to place public water on private property. Property within a drainage easement belongs to the property owner, and not the City. Further, the property owner is responsible for removing trash, keeping vegetation mowed, and similar maintenance activities. The City only becomes involved when there is a major blockage, or infrastructure failure.

All City streets are designed to carry a certain amount of water during storms, even beyond the curb in most cases. Water entering a house is a concern to the City, and should be reported as soon as it happens so the City can investigate the problem and look for solutions. It could be as simple as boards, or other material have blocked up the pipe or inlet. But it can also be very involved and complicated, taking time to correct.

The City does not clean up creek areas on a regular basis. The big cleanup events held by the City are typically on public land and involve large groups of volunteers. The best solution for this problem is for everyone to put their trash in the proper place, a trash can.

It is not always raccoons and snakes, any water feature is going to attract wildlife. The City does not perform regular maintenance along most water ways. These areas are typically designed to be overgrown, and as long as the condition does not pose a threat of flooding to a home or structure, the City will not remove the vegetation.