Road Construction Updates
This Quarterly Road Report includes current street projects underway by the City of Mansfield Public Works Department and TxDOT. For additional information, call Bart VanAmburgh at 817-276-4233.
Street Bond Program (construction)
- Mouser Way (House Rd to US 287)
- Mouser Way currently extends east from Main Street to House Road. This project will complete Mouser Way to the US 287 southbound frontage road. It will be a four-lane undivided collector, with storm drain system and a large drainage culvert crossing Watson Branch. The Phase 1, 300-foot section at the west end is complete. All utilities, storm drainage and creek channel improvements are complete. Subgrade preparation and pavement will begin soon. Total project completion is anticipated to be late spring 2018.
- US 287 Ramps and Texas U-Turn (Walnut Creek Drive to Debbie Lane)
- The scope of this project is to reconfigure the on and off ramps on US 287 between Walnut Creek Drive and Debbie Lane and construct a U-turn from the northbound to southbound frontage road at Debbie Lane. This is a TxDOT managed project. The off-ramp relocation on the southbound side is complete, as well as the main driveway into Home Depot. The new northbound on-ramp and the u-turn at Debbie Lane are complete. The final component under way is a northbound off-ramp at the old on-ramp location. Total project completion is scheduled for April 2018.
- Debbie Lane Reconstruction (FM157 to Main St)
- The original project scope included adding medians to create a divided road, resurfacing the existing asphalt pavement, and adding sidewalks. With direction from Council the project was redefined as a fully reconstructed six-lane concrete pavement section that will allow this road to serve as a designated truck route. Street pavement is complete on the north side and traffic has been moved to this new section. Subgrade treatment will begin this month on the south side to prepare for pavement. Total project completion will be summer 2018.
- Price Road at South Main Street
- Price Road will be realigned at the south end to provide for a perpendicular intersection at Main Street opposite the existing Sentry Drive. This section of Price will be concrete with curb and gutter. The project also includes a left turn lane on eastbound Heritage Parkway just east of Main Street. The Heritage turn lane is complete. Utilities at Price Road are complete and paving will begin this month. Project should be complete by late February.
Street Bond Program (design)
- Turner Warnell (Callender to existing end)
- This project will complete a four-lane divided thoroughfare from the existing end point to Callender Road. This will provide a direct route between FM 157 and US 287. Callender will also be completed to the south. The west and north roadway approaches into the City of Arlington will be limited to transitions to the existing asphalt. Final plans are being completed for bid. Staff is in the process of negotiating right-of-way and coordinating utility relocations and gas pipeline crossing. The project should bid early summer 2018.
- South Main Street (Broad to Hunt)
- South Main Street will be designed as a urban complete street; it will be a four-lane roadway incorporating on-street parking, bicycle and pedestrian facilities and enhanced streetscape. Construction plans are being prepared. Staff is coordinating improvements with affected adjacent property owners. Construction should begin this summer.
- Magnolia Street (Broad to Wisteria)
- This project is a reconstruction to a concrete collector including storm drain improvements and water line replacement. Final plans are being prepared by the design consultant. Staff is working on right-of-way and easement acquisition and utility relocations.
- Traffic Signal (Matlock Rd at Ragland Rd)
- Final plans are under review. Right-of- way will be needed. Project should bid late spring.
- Right Turn Lane (Walnut Creek Drive southbound at Pleasant Ridge)
- Preliminary plans are under review.
- Antler Drive (existing to FM 917)
- This project is complete.
- Regency Parkway (existing end to Heritage Pkwy)
- Regency will be completed to Heritage as a four-lane undivided roadway. Water main and storm drainage improvements are included. Water line and storm drain are under construction.
- E Broad Street (US 287 to Cannon Drive)
- Broad Street will be reconstructed to a six-lane divided thoroughfare. Improvements will include a traffic signal at Regency Parkway and dual left-turn lanes for eastbound traffic at Cannon. Excavation of the north side is under way. Utility relocations and adjustments are under way. The proposed schedule for completion is mid-August, 2018.
Tarrant County CDBG Projects
- Tarrant Street (Dallas to Kimball)
- This is the 2016 CDBG reconstruction project. Tarrant will be improved to a concrete street with curb and gutter, storm drain system, and new water main. Driveways and final clean up are under way.
- North Street (North of Newt Patterson)
- This is the 2017 CDBG reconstruction project. North Street will be improved to a concrete street with curb and gutter, storm drain system, and new water main. Preliminary design is under way.
- SH 360
- TxDOT has contracted this as a design/build project with Lane/Abrams to complete State Highway 360 from its current termination at Green Oaks Blvd in Arlington to US 287. The main lanes will be constructed as toll lanes with the frontage roads remaining toll free. The Broad Street bridge is now open and the crossing at Holland Road is closed for bridge construction. The Heritage bridge is open. The Lone Star intersection is under construction. Traffic signals will be installed at both Heritage and Lone Star. For detailed up-to-date construction progress visit www.drive360south.com. Substantial completion is scheduled for April 2018.