The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
(PREA 115.11 SECTION 115.22)
The Mansfield Police Department has ZERO TOLERANCE for all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment within its jail facilities in compliance with the Prison Rape Elimination (PREA) Act of 2003. It is the policy of the Police Department to respond to, and administratively and/or criminally investigate all alleged incidents of a sexual nature. Every reported incident of a sexual nature will be taken seriously, investigated fully, and appropriate action will be taken as warranted, according to federal PREA standards.
Reporting Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PREA 115.54)
Inmates may report incidents by:
- Telling any officer, staff member, volunteer or contractor. Everyone who may come into contact with inmates has been trained to respond appropriately.
- Writing to any staff member using the Inmate Request for Service Form or Inmate Grievance Form.
- Calling the PREA Hotline (toll free) at the phone number listed by all inmate phones in the jail.
Anyone outside the jail (family, friends, acquaintances) may report on behalf of any inmate by:
- Filling out a PREA Reporting Form at Visitation. (Ask any staff member for a form)
- Filling out a PREA online reporting form